Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe. It was weird to be skating at lunchtime in my freestyle blades...  I warmed up with just a couple of laps and some 3s before we started.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- ugh.  After a rough start I managed to start holding the entrance edge longer but I had a very rough time trying to get over my L side.  We spent 15 minutes (3/4 of the lesson) without a lot of progress.
  • windup -- I did manage to get these almost as good as my standing start (not saying a lot) after some work.  I did manage a 2-rev spin, that was the best one today.
I'm kind of frustrated.  I'm so inconsistent!  I know it's in my head, I have a hard time settling down and not rushing.  Wishing for some kind of magic bullet on this... grrr.

After my lesson I ran through the perimeter crossovers and then worked a bit on power-3s.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home