Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Bronze Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 6 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson was all Bronze Moves.  We ran through the whole test in order without stopping, then worked on some problem areas:

  • Perimeter XOs -- Okay.  My pattern was a little short on the BXOs; that's never been an issue before so I'm not sure what was going on.    In general it was okay although I certainly should skater faster.
  • power-3s -- hmmph. LFO3s were relatively okay.  RFO3s... I did them, more or less, but I almost fell once and in general I think they looked like crap.
  • BXOs to BO edges  -- I was actually relatively pleased with these as I'm doing a better job of not curving around too much on the RBO.
  • circle-8 -- this was actually really good.  YAY!
  • 5-step mohawk -- ugh.  Ordinarily these are not too bad but for some reason I got kind of spooked because Peyton went by me (she wasn't even particularly close! geez) so the last half was kinda wonky.

After we ran the test we spent the rest of our time working on RFO3s.  Yuck.  I just have a bad time getting over my R side for those, at least today.

We talked about our plans for a critique.  I think we will do a video first before we ask any judge to be up at 0-dark-30 to watch me skate.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home