Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, December 15, 2014

3s & BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  We took advantage of the good conditions to work on figures today instead of spins (we'll do spins on Wed.).

I warmed up by running through the Preliminary test and then scribed some circles and worked a bit on waltz-8.

Today's lesson:

  • 3s to center -- I've been really focused on my crappy 3s lately.  Some of the things we worked on today were having a better entrance edge, keeping the hands/arms low and not letting them move, trying to keep the free foot close and looking where I'm going after the turn.  We did make some progress I think.
  • BI8 -- whoa. We had not worked on these for a while, though I think I looked at 'em a few weeks ago.  Lots to work on, esp. the push of course and trying to hold that free foot in front a bit longer than I want to.  Lynne emphasized to me that I really need to move the shoulder back and keep it there when I move the free foot back.  I actually made some progress on this issue so that was gratifying.  Yay!
After my lesson I worked a little on serpentines and BO8.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home