Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, December 12, 2014

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.

Before my lesson I worked on Bronze moves (ran the test).  Perimeter XOs - ok.  Power-3s... ugh. BXOs to BO edges... ok.  Circle-8 -- agh, I cannot reliably get around the circle.  Geez!  5-step -- mostly okay.  I feel reasonably comfortable with all of them except the power-3s, and that's mostly the R side.  Yuck.  Still I think I've made a lot of progress compared to a few months ago.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- ugh.  A few good ones but then I got all rushed and couldn't get myself to slow down, relax and just let it be.  Grrr.
  • windup -- these were all pretty crappy :-(.  Rushed and just all over the place.
Of course having had a good lesson last week, this one was not so good. It's all in my noggin though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home