Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 6 a.m. (ulp!) FS at Gilbert.  This is our 3rd (of 6) lesson on this timeslot and while I really don't like getting up that early we are being productive... I'm just wiped out later in the day.

Today we went through the Bronze Moves test without stopping:
  • perimeter XOs -- not bad.  Pattern is good.  I need to take my time on the BXOs and get a better cross and better push.
  • power-3s -- still rough.   I almost fell on the RFO3s.  Bleah.  JJ reminded me that I need to do a complete set of lobes on each side -- I did 4.5 on the L side (Didn't do the last BXO lobe).  Ooops.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- mmph.  Not bad but I  still need to work on keeping my head up and sitting back on the edge more.
  • circle-8 -- really good, actually.  I need this to be really good... I'm hoping it will somewhat compensate for weakness elsewhere (*cough* power-3s *cough*).
  • 5-step mohawk -- mmph, just okay.  Again I need to take my time more especially on the first two steps.
After the runthrough we worked on 5-step some more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home