Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Preliminary Test & BO8

My lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.

I just had time to scribe circles before we started.  We skipped warmup and went right along.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 - I had some control issues (hey, no warmup) but managed okay.
  • FI8 - actually, quite nice.  I was happy :-)
  • waltz-8 -- A little better than it's been.  After the first run-through we ran them again.  Mostly the same issues I've been dealing with but slightly better.
  • BO8 - whoa!  I had not done these in a while and it showed.  After the first couple it did get better though.  I really need to work on presence of mind so that I consistently do the things I know I need to do for these -- like, bend the knees A LOT on the initial push, and keep that darn free foot in front for the first 1/3 or so of the circle.
After my lesson I worked on serpentines and 3s to center for the rest of my skate.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home