Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.

Before my lesson I had a half-hour to work on Bronze moves.  About the same as yesterday :-).  I worked a bit on doing better FXOs and when I ran them I did get a better "good side" FXO with some actual underpush.  The other side was about the same.  Power-3s were maybe slightly better.  I'm still working on trying to hold the FO edge a little longer before the turn.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- these started off pretty rough but improved quickly.  I managed several pretty decent 3-rev spins.
  • windup -- again a bit of a rough start but these turned out pretty well, I did about 3 3-rev spins in a row.  They aren't centered but they are a good start!
After my lesson I had just a few minutes so I worked a bit on waltz jump and salchow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home