Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Preliminary Test

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Café.

I warmed up with edges and then scribed my circles and we started my lesson.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- actually pretty good.  The LFO was a little weak once but in general it was pretty good. Good flow, good tracing, reasonably good body position.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.
  • waltz-8 -- we spent the remainder of the lesson on these.  The 3s were okay (RFO3 was a little flat going in).  The LBO was not bad.  RBO was weak but not too bad.  Step forward was relatively okay (still not passable, but not as bad as it's been.).  
After our lesson I worked on serpentines, 3s to center, and then a little more waltz-8.

In general  I was really pleased, considering I had not skated patch in about a month.  I didn't really lose any ground and I actually have some hope about the waltz-8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home