Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Preliminary Test

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.

As usual I scribed my circles, then warmed up with edges.  Spent a couple of minutes working on the BI pushoff to try to get a pure BI edge with no BO at the start.  I actually did one correctly! YAY!

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- first circle on each foot was a bit weak, but the subsequent ones were pretty good.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.
  • waltz-8 -- as usual, the majority of our time.  We marked the 3 and the stepdown to the BO edge and the step forward on the circle and I worked really hard to actually step at those points.  We made some progress.   The exit from the 3 is really not setting me up for success here; I asked Lynne if we could work on just the 3 some more next week (we'll have an extra 10 minutes next week).  I still need to work on standing up straighter on the BO edge as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home