Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

2015 MidWinter Warmup

I skated my Showcase Light Entertainment program "She Blinded Me With Science" at the MidWinter Warmup in Artesia, CA (East West Ice Palace).

I was in the second event (scheduled for 8:05 a.m.). I got to the rink about 7:15 (short ride from the hotel), checked in, ate an apple and drank some Gatorade, then got my props sorted out and got into the rest of my costume (coat, wig).

We were called out for the warmup (5 in my group, I was the only male).  Warmup was just okay.  Fresh ice (again, only one event since the surfacing) so it was really fast.  Ran through some stuff but almost biffed it on a waltz jump (bad landing, yuck) which threw me a little.

I skated 3rd.  As usual I didn't watch those ahead of me.  Then Boom!  It was my time.  Jose was nice enough to help me get my table through the door and I skated out.  Set up, assumed my pose and started...

Everything went really well!  I felt like I was skating at a reasonably good pace.  Spin was not too great (as usual) but in general I thought it went quite well.  Finished, took a short bow and skated my stuff off.

As it turns out I got 4th (of 5).  A little disappointed (I won with this program last year, but there were more competitors this time) but glad I skated well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home