Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Preliminary Test & Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I scribed my circles and warmed up with edges before we started.  Lynne commented that my edges are looking strong and secure.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 - a little wonky on the first one on each side, then better.
  • FI8 - pretty good!
  • waltz-8 -- a good chunk of time on these.  We worked more on controlling the BO edge and not anticipating the step forward.  I still think I need to stand up a bit straighter on these.  The 3s have definitely improved.
  • serpentines -- just 4 minutes on these.   We just did the FOI-FIO ones.  Strangely enough my circle after the FIO was better than the FOI (which should be easier).  I was somewhat pleased on these but I still need to work to improve power & flow on the FOI part.
I did not skate yesterday morning and I missed my lesson with JJ this morning as well, as I have been feeling really under the weather.  Unfortunately that leaves me feeling woefully underprepared for MidWinter this weekend.  Oh well!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home