Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 09, 2015

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I had private ice!

Before my lesson I ran through Bronze Moves once, then ran through my showcase light program (sans props or costume) 2.5 times.  It actually was pretty good.  Tomorrow I have some time so I will run it with some costume (lab coat and wig) and one prop (the infamous glasses). I think that will suffice.

Today's lesson (we had 30 minutes instead of the usual 20):

  • standing start -- ugh.  We didn't have a lesson last week and I've not had a lot of ice time, and it showed.  It took me forever to get myself to hold the edge around long enough -- when I did I felt I was moving in slow motion.  I guess I need to hold on to that feeling, because it works.  Once I sort of fixed that I was working on getting myself to pull in better and stand up straighter.   No really great spins today but several that were 2 revs and kind of okay.
  • FS entrance -- I had told Lynne (and JJ) that I wanted to work today on spins from the entrance I have in my free skate -- which is an RBO w/brush back of the L leg, then step forward into the spin.  After a while we made some progress with this.  There's hope.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home