Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Program Practice

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

I warmed up with the perimeter XOs and power-3s from the Bronze Moves test, then ran through the first part of the free skate without music.

Today's lesson was all about the free skate.  First we worked on some elements that I was having issues with - the side toe hop after the waltz jump (I had just forgotten to do it), then some time on the FO mohawk (ugh) and then more work on the salchow.  After that we ran the program with music.  I got a bit behind in the beginning and while I didn't fall further behind, I didn't catch up either AND I forgot the final forward and back pivots.  Grrr.

We took a moment to discuss, then ran the program again.  It was better, and I stayed on time so that was pretty awesome.  I will still need to work a lot on the spin and the salchow as both are pretty horrible.

After my lesson I talked with JJ a bit about new showcase programs.  No firm conclusions but some ideas about how I should approach them -- in particular spend more time/$ learning the program over a longer period of time.  We'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home