Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

More Spins & Last Program Prep

I was up really late packing for Sectionals so I wound up skipping my skate and lesson this morning in favor of 2 more hours of sleep :-(.  What can I say, it's a long drive to Vegas.

I did skate the Chandler Ice Cafe at lunchtime though, for some program work and one last spins lesson with Lynne.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- ugh.  It took me a number of tries before I got myself to wait on the entrance 'til it comes around.  And then I couldn't get the free leg to come in.  Yuck.
  • program entrance -- This also was not so great.  I did get a couple that were 2 revs, that's about the best I could manage right now.
All in all... I've put a lot of work in on spins and I just feel like while I've made some progress it is so slow it just makes me want to scream.  Why does this have to be so hard?  Oh well.

After my lesson I ran my free skate twice and my showcase light once.  The good news is that I am finishing on time and feel like I'm skating faster.  Spins are pretty awful and salchow is too. Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home