Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.

Before my lesson I ran through Bronze Moves, then ran my free skate (using RinkMusic, fun) and then worked a bit on salchow and spins.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- mmph.  Not nearly as good as last week -- how frustrating.  I eventually managed to get some 2-rev spins but I'm so darn inconsistent.  Grrr.
  • program entrance -- the first couple were pretty bad but then I did 2 or 3 that were much better -- i.e. they actually looked like a spin and while they traveled a lot (Lynne said not to worry about this too much for now) they were 2 revs.  So that was a positive.
After my lesson I worked on salchow some more and then ran my free skate with music again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home