Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Preliminary Test & Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Café.

I got on the ice and scribed my circles and then we started!

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- not bad
  • FI8 -- nice.
  • waltz-8 -- I'm not happy with the 3s but I think Lynne has decided they are not the first priority (she's probably right).  I'm doing a better job of holding the BO edge around the circle, but my step forward is still usually pretty bad.  Every once in a while I manage to get my foot turned AND to hold that free shoulder back... and then it's almost okay.
  • serpentines -- we just worked on the FOI-FIO ones.  Still not making it around the circle on the FOI but almost there on the FIO!  I was very excited.
After my lesson I worked on waltz-8 a bit more and also 3s to center.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home