Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Preliminary Test & BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  My hour's worth of practice this morning really seemed to help :-).

I scribed some circles and then we started our lesson:

  • FO8 -- pretty good actually.  I am doing a better job of bringing my pushes in so that they are all about in the same place, which is the biggest thing I felt was lacking on my FO8 and FI8.
  • FI8 -- really nice.
  • waltz-8 -- we actually made some progress on these today!!!  I was so excited.  I made some progress with holding the exit of the 3 and also tracking the circle on the BO edge, and that all helped improve the step forward, actually.  So it was a lot better today :-).  I guess we'll see if this progress sticks or not -- I hope so.
  • BO8 -- just a little time on this and it was actually really nice!  Again it helped that I practiced this morning :-).
We also talked briefly about the Sherwood competition and I expressed that I'd like to try to skate a different figure than in the past. Tentatively we thought we might do serpentine. So over the next 5 months we'll spend some extra time on that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home