Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 05, 2015

More Practice Ice

After a very long day of competing and watching others compete, I had a half hour of practice ice (no music, this time :-( ) at 7 p.m. to work on my free skate.

Ugh.  Just ugh.  It was a pretty busy session with several high-level skaters (not just gold, but masters level) so I didn't try running the whole program start to finish. It's not really necessary.  I did run the whole thing in pieces probably 3 times.  I wore my costume for the first time since last year (ulp!) and it was fine.

I feel like the program itself is going to be fine, for the most part -- but the salchow and the spin!  Ugh!  Seriously, they are so bad, it is not even funny.  I have spent a lot of time working on them for the past several weeks but the suckage is so bad... I can't even, as the kids would say :-(.

Oh well!  Tomorrow at 5:50 p.m. we'll see how it goes.  At least I can sleep in tonight.  I need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home