Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Moves & Toe Loop

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  This was a make-up for our missed lesson last week.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs --  we worked on getting a better, longer FXO -- holding out the cross and bending the knees more.  I can do nice crossovers when I actually try, I'm just not good at remembering :-(.
  • power-3s -- ugh.  We worked on making the BXO a bit longer and also getting an actual power-push after the 3, something I've not really worked on much.  The BI edge after the BXO is too flat so I am diagonal going into the next 3 instead of perpendicular to the axis.  Blah.
  • toe loop -- the first one I tried was sort of okay (somewhat cheated but not that bad).  It went downhill from there, unfortunately.  We worked on getting a better/flatter 3 (really, like the salchow) with a strong check and holding open the free hip before the pick-in.
I talked with JJ after the lesson about allocating my practice time and he suggested 3/4 on moves and 1/4 on jumps/spins until after I test.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home