Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I warmed up working on some Bronze moves.

Today's lesson:
  • standing start -- after a little bit of crappiness these were pretty good (lots of 3 rev spins), but then after a while got worse.  I think after a while I really do overthink this stuff.  I am doing a better job of sticking with the spin.  I just need to relax more, ugh.
  • windup -- mmph. I think the best I did was a 2-rev spin.  The greater speed on the entrance just seems to encourage me to rush things.
After my lesson I continued working on bronze moves as prep for tomorrow's critique.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home