Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Waltz-8 & 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  As we had private ice, I brought my patch blades and we did a patch lesson instead of spins.

I had a good long warmup, scribed circles and ran the Preliminary test and worked on waltz-8.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz-8 -- we continued working on these.  They have really improved in the last month!  Still much to work on but they are smaller things.  I'm doing a better job on holding the 3 exit and then holding the BO edge longer.  The step forward from the RBO is not bad at all.  From the LBO it is still a bit weak but improving.  I'm really pleased.
  • 3s to center -- just a couple of minutes on these.  The RFO3s were pretty bad, LFO3 was better.
After my lesson I had a few minutes to work on serpentines.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home