Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler 7:30 a.m. FS.  Since we had private ice I spent the time on figures.  It looks like we'll probably have two figures lessons this week which is fine with me.

Today's lesson was all about the waltz-8.  On the positive side -- really, this has improved a tremendous amount in the last month.  I'm not sure why, but I'll take it.  The negative side is that after the first circle I tend to build up speed and it's difficult to maintain flow and not rush the tempo (this is a similar issue to my issue with spins, in a way).  I was having issues tracking the circle on the BO edge -- on the L side I was tracking too far inside, and on the R side I was tracking a bit outside.  In the course of our lesson I was able to improve this somewhat by working to hold the free foot in front longer and keep the hands/arms down; this also helped me hold the circle around to close to where the step forward needs to be.  The 3s are mostly better.  The step forward and the FO edge are still weak (though the RFO is much better than the LFO).

After my lesson I had a few minutes so I worked on serpentines some more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home