Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 06, 2015

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I had private ice :-).  I warmed up by running the Bronze Moves test, then I ran my free skate program (first time since PCAS!).  It went reasonably well.  The salchow was horrible but the spin was 2 revs so yay! 

Today's lesson:
  • standing start -- these started off not so great but then improved.  I took a nasty fall about 8 minutes into the lesson as I leaned back a little I think -- fell hard on my left arm and side.  The arm is fine but the ribs are sore :-(.  Anyway continued the lesson and they were just okay.
  • windup -- I got a few that were 2 revs but in general I was still rushing these a bit.  Also I was a bit distracted by pain from the fall, so not the best.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home