Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Preliminary Test & Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I got to the rink a little late and so we started pretty much as soon as I stepped on the ice.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- not bad for no warmup.
  • FI8 -- not bad.
  • waltz-8 -- my LFO coming back to center was not so good (but I made it) and in general it was about the same.  Again, no warmup so all things considered I'm not complaining.
  • serpentines -- the bulk of our time on these.  Change of edge has improved and it's mostly fairly stable although the LFIO seems to have an issue with my free leg waving somewhat circularly on the change of edge instead of passing straight back.  I think this is a lack of nerve/trust of the edge on my part.  Still not making it around my circles though.
After my lesson I had about 20 minutes and I used most of that to work on pushing harder.  The drill is just to push on an edge (I did all 4 forward edges) and try to make it around for 1.5 circles.   I'm generally not making it though :-(.  I feel like my flow is decent, I just need to be able to push harder and still control it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home