Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with Bronze moves... meh.

Today's lesson:

  • toe loop -- we continued from where we were last week.  JJ had me work to bring the L foot around, not too close to the R foot.  JJ says it's not going to feel the way I think it's supposed to feel and I think he's probably right on that score and that is part of the problem.  Hmm.
  • loop intro -- we spent a few minutes on this.  The drill JJ gave me was to skate on the hockey circle, do an RFI3, hold the free foot in front (at first he had me do a crossover), then do a two-foot turn to forward and a two-foot hop to backward again.  Hmm.
  • salchow -- just a couple of minutes on these.  It appears the big problem now is to hold the free leg back (not out) after the 3.  Ugh.  Not much progress on these.
We have another lesson tomorrow (yay!) so hopefully we can work on Bronze moves and then revisit loop and salchow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home