Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Circle-8, Power-3s

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  I got to the rink and skated the 7:30 a.m. FS, then we had our lesson at 8:15.  I warmed up with Bronze moves and then spent some more time on circle-8 and spins.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- my experience with these is that unless I have really perfect ice (which I didn't today) I often don't have enough speed/flow to get around the RFO and RFI.  I don't have these issues in my patch skates but the freestyle blades are sufficiently different as to make it an issue. So, we worked on pushing harder/quicker and sitting back more.  JJ also suggested I not put my free hand/arm back so much but just out to the side and to really try to be on the back of the blade from the beginning of the push.  We made some progress on it.
  • power-3s -- we worked on the back lobe, to improve the BXO and get the body position adjusted a bit better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home