Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.

For this lesson we had decided to work on serpentines since we worked on waltz-8 this morning.  We worked on a number of things -- not anticipating the change of edge, body position into the change of edge, etc.  I managed to have a funny fall in the process (no harm done) -- I swear I am the only person who could fall doing a serpentine! Lynne had me bring the free foot forward well in advance of the change of edge so that I am on a stable edge for the actual change.  This had the side benefit of letting me think about the change of edge without having to also think about bringing the foot forward :-).   So I was able to do a much better change of edge (smoother and quicker).  These improved a lot today!  I was really pleased.

I still need to improve my flow through and after the change of edge, and also to get a better push.  Lynne suggested I should work on pushing harder into an FO or FI circle and seeing how many times I can get around the (same) circle -- this is more realistic than pushing onto a flat.  So after our lesson I spent some time on this.  Eeep!  It's really challenging to try to push really hard and still be on a good edge.  Uck.  More work required.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home