Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Serpentines & BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Apparently Wednesdays are now "patch day" for me... and I am fine with that :-).

Today's lesson:

  • serpentines -- the lion's share of our time today.  We worked some more on the change of edge; specifically on fixing some issues with the FIO transition and also timing of the change so that I don't anticipate the change of edge but try to put it dead-on the long axis.  I think we made some progress.  We also worked a little on trying to get a better/stronger push as I am still not making it all the way around the 1.5 circles needed.
  • BO8 -- just 5 minutes on these.  The RBO is pretty good and consistent; the LBO not so much.  Considering how little time I've had on these I'm not too upset though.  I really need more practice time.
After my lesson I had a few minutes so I worked on practicing a harder push.  I'm just pushing onto an edge (I did all 4 forward edges) and trying to see how many times I can go around.  Other than LFI I am generally only getting 1 1/4 circles, which is consistent with my experience on serpentines.  Hmmph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home