Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  As per my current policy, since I had private ice I decided to work on figures.

I warmed up with edges and ran the Preliminary test as usual, then scribed some circles and worked some more on the waltz-8.

For today's lesson we continued to focus just on the waltz-8.  It really has improved from where I was a few months ago.    We continued working to get hold the BO edge longer, with much success.  This made the step forward a lot easier and better.  A lot of improvement here.  There is still a lack of consistency on the BO edge and step forward, but hopefully that will come with continued practice.  Posture is better in general but I still have to watch it on the step forward to keep the shoulder back and bend the knee.  All in all good progress.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home