Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Power-3s, Toe Loop, Loop

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert, as usual.  I warmed up with the Bronze Moves test.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- we worked on the RFO3 side.  Mostly we worked on doing a better job of the BXO and step forward.  I realized that part of the issue was that the BXO really was cruddy and weight stayed on the outside too much.  We spent quite a bit of time on these.  Part of is that I am tending to rush the BXO and not take my time.
  • toe loop -- still working to get my weight onto the toe pick.  JJ says I really just need to think about the entry and not worry about the jump right now.  I spent some time looking back in this blog -- it's distressing to see how long I have been working on these and they still stink.  Grrr.
  • loop intro -- still working on the drill JJ gave me -- RFI3, 2-foot turn, hop.  This is getting a lot easier.
After my lesson we talked briefly about the Bronze Moves test.  The conclusion is to take the test June 26th at Gilbert, as standard adult and not masters standard.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home