Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Private ice!

I warmed up with Bronze moves, then went back and worked some more on circle-8 since I'm still having occasional issues with it (how embarrassing!).

Today's lesson:
  • standing start -- ugh.  These were pretty bad.  I have neglected them for a couple (?) of weeks and it really showed.  I think the best I did was 2.5 revs and most were just really horrible.  Yuck.
  • windup -- these were also really pretty bad :-(.
After my lesson I had a few minutes so I ran my free skate.  Not that bad in the great scheme of things other than a horrible salchow.  I am still forgetting to do small things (until right after I should have done them) but it's not too bad.  I'm still skating too slowly though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home