Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Push & Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.

I warmed up by running the Preliminary test as usual, then scribed some circles and worked some more on waltz-8.

Today's lesson:
  • push -- We spent a few minutes just working on pushing harder/better.  We took some video so I could see what I'm doing.  While I definitely can push harder, I am seeing that I am still a little forward when I push, and that I also need to lock more core better when I push.  Beyond that I can do a better job of bringing the free foot in more promptly after the push.  I'll need to keep working on this but it was instructional. 
  •  waltz-8 -- the R side of this has really improved!  The LBO feels a lot more like a normal LBO now and I'm holding it long enough now and tracking the circle much better.  We spent more time on the L side.  I found that if I really lock that R shoulder/arm/hand in on the push to the RBO then I have a much better edge (not going flat) and so I'm not tracking inside the circle so badly.  I need to work this more.

After my lesson I worked some on BO8 and serpentines.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home