Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.

I warmed up with Bronze Moves, then worked some more on 5-step mohawk and circle-8.  These are improving slowly.  I think they'll be ready to test in late June.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- these started out not so great, but they did improve.  I did manage one 4-rev spin and several 3-rev spins.  I'm really lacking in consistency though.  I feel like I know all the pieces of what I need to do but getting them all to happen at the same time is the problem :-(.
  • windup -- these are not as good (as usual), but I did manager one pretty nice 2-rev spin.  It's just a lot harder for me to settle down and not rush for this.  Grrr.
After my lesson I ran my free skate program.  Realized after the first 25 seconds or so that I was forgetting the little side toe hop after the waltz jump so I restarted and put it in.  Yay!  Salchow was not so great and the footwork needs work.  The lunge was really nice and low/solid though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home