Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Preliminary Test & Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Café.

Today's lesson:
  • Edges -- These are pretty good.  Even the BI edges are pretty strong.
  • FO8 -- pretty good for no warmup.
  • FI8 -- Nice.
  • waltz-8 -- These have definitely improved.  Weakest point now is the LBO edge still curves inside the circle a bit, and the step forward is not on a good edge most of the teim.
  • serpentines -- the push is still lacking on these but the change of edge (both of them) is getting better; and even the push has improved so that I almost got all the way around on two of them.
After my lesson I worked some more on waltz-8 and serpentines.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home