Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  I warmed up with Bronze Moves then spent more time on power-3s.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- these started off just so-so, then improved (several 3 rev spins), then got worse again.  Ugh.
  • windup -- I had one 2 rev spin.  Same issues as usual, I'm rushing too much.  Meh.
After my lesson I warmed up my jumps.  I did a really good salchow!  By "really good" I mostly mean that the timing was actually right -- there wasn't much "jump" in that jump but the timing was good.  Then I ran my free skate program. Meh.  Finished late.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home