Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Ice Dance #2

I didn't feel well this morning so I did not skate, but I'd already paid for my ice dance class... so off I went.  Naomi was there today along with another coach I had not met (Sarah?).

Today's class:
  • stroking -- emphasis on good posture, bent knees.
  • swing rolls -- we worked on these down the line, emphasis on keeping the arms in a strong position and moving under them.
  • progressives/crossovers -- more work on these, trying to keep the beat.
  • Dutch Waltz -- a number of times through this. It's getting a little better.  I am skating faster but still kinda wimpy on the swingrolls ("springrolls" as Cami calls them, lol!).
  • chassés, slide chassés and cross chassés -- introduction (review, for me) of these. I hadn't done the cross chassé before.  It's basically the same as the little tuck-behind in the Rhythm Blues except the exit is different.  Really scary.  I didn't quite manage one but I came close.  

All in all it's going okay.  I had hoped to work on swingrolls with Lynne this morning but I didn't get that.  They are really the weakest point for me right now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home