Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, June 08, 2015

Bronze Moves

My lesson with Lynne on the 7:45 a.m. FS at Chandler.  We have 3 lessons this week and in prep for my upcoming test we are spending a lot of time on moves until then.  Also, I had my blades sharpened yesterday (whee!) so didn't want to work on spins today. I ran the test for warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter crossovers -- not too bad.  Lynne had me work a little on the BXOs to get more power and hold that BI power push a little longer/more firmly.
  • power 3s -- we worked the BXO/step forward on the circle a little.  I'm still struggling with that aspect.  I've decided to do the RFO3s first just to get them done.   Still needs more work and I'm running out of time.
  • BXOs to landing position -- I'm pretty happy with these in general but the RBO is still a little fragile.  We worked on it a bit.  I need to practice just holding that RBO with head up and not being on my toe.
  • circle-8 -- really nice, actually.
  • 5-step -- not too bad.  Lynne said I should try thinking of the transition from step 4 to 5 (into the slide chasse') as a dance step.  That will also help to remind me to point my toes.
All in all some good work.  I'm really missing that extra 15 minutes from this session though :-(.  Grrr.  I'll be glad when the summer's over and they are back to 60 minute sessions.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home