Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Moves & Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gibert.  I warmed up with Bronze moves.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step mohawk -- still working on the 3rd step.  JJ pointed out to me that when I helicopter my arms on the 3rd step it's throwing me off and getting me up on my toe.  We worked to have me move my arms back nicely (like I do on the BXOs to landing position) and this really helped a lot.  JJ also suggested I try to get a little push into the 4th step so that my flow is better.
  • perimeter XOs -- I wanted to look at these because we don't very much.  The FXOs were pretty nice.  BXOs... JJ said I need to work to get more power on the clockwise BXOs (1st, 3rd, 5th and end BXOs).
  • waltz jump -- JJ wanted to work on my landing.  I'm not happy with it right now as it feels like I'm not controlling the landing very well.  We worked on checking the landing better with some improvement but not a lot.  On the positive side the jump is reasonably springy.
  • salchow -- ugh.  The entrance is usually okay but my timing is still off.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home