Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Bronze Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  This was a makeup lesson since we didn't meet last week.  I warmed up with Bronze Moves.

Today's lesson:

  • power-3s -- we spent about half our time on these, mostly working on the same issues with the BXO and step forward.  Some progress, I think, but they are still a bit weak.
  • perimeter XOs -- actually these were pretty nice.  Decent speed.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- not bad.  I still need to sit on the RBO and get the extension a bit better.
  • circle-8 -- really nice.  As I told JJ, "BAM! .1 over!" :-)
  • 5-step mohawk -- JJ had me work on keeping the free leg from flying around after the LFI mohawk.  I tried to hold some tension in it and that really helped make the mohawk less whacky.
We have another lesson on Thursday, yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home