Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Ice Dance #4

Installment #4 of ice dance class at Chandler.

For tonight's class we were missing several people including all of the other adults in the class!  A little weird.

We warmed up a little, and Naomi reiterated that she wanted to see us doing "pretty ice dancer" stroking.  So we did a little bit of that, then revisited our chasses and crossrolls/swingrolls.  Then Naomi introduced the tuck-behinds from the Rhythm Blues.  Yep, I still can't do these.  Although I do think I probably can do them at some point if I work on them -- I'm hoping for next week with Lynne.  We'll see.

Then we were back to reviewing the Canasta Tango... ugh.  Most of us (including me) had forgotten some part of this (not all of it, just pieces here and there).   I'm always surprised when people can't find or keep the beat though.  As a musician it's very natural to me but I guess a lot of our kids don't get any music at all :-(.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home