Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Perseverance

I skated the 7:45 a.m. FS at Chandler for moves practice.  Nice ice (looks like there was no one at all skating beforehand) and just 3 of us on the ice.

I spent the whole session on moves except for about 5 - 7 minutes on spins (got two 3-rev spins from a standing start, yay!).  I ran the test, then came back and worked on power-3s some more, then some more time on 5-step, then back to power-3s and more time on 5-step at the end.

I still feel like I would like to improve the power-3s more but that's unlikely to happen (much) by Friday so what I have is basically what I'll have.  Hopefully my nerves won't get in the way.  It's been more than 4 years since my last test.  Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home