Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Moves

My lesson with Lynne on the 7:45 a.m. FS at Chandler.

We had decided to run this as if it were an actual test, so, I had a 5 minute warmup (just did stroking and crossovers), then we ran through the test in order.  I actually felt really good about it.  Then we came back and worked on some specific elements:

  • BXO perimeter stroking -- Lynne suggested I try to lean into the BI edge a little more to bring the edge around before the crossover.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- a little work on slowing the tempo of the BXO and making it more forceful; sit back on the edge more on the last BXO.
  • power-3s -- urph.  Still trying to get more into the BXO. At least I'm not touching my foot down any more but I feel like the BXOs are still not fully crossed and kind of ugly. :-(
  • 5-step -- trying to sit back on the BO edge a bit more as I'm really getting up on my toe.  The rhythm is good though and I think it looks reasonably okay.  Lynne said to try to keep my feet closer together and also to watch the arms on the BO edge so that I pass close.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home