Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Final Test Prep

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  This was our final prep for the Bronze Moves test this afternoon.  I did a 5 minute warmup with stroking and crossovers and power-3s, then took off my jacket and gloves and ran the test.  I was a bit nervous but it was okay.

Today's lesson:

  • test runthrough -- we ran the test pretty much without stopping.  It was okay.  I was a bit nervous when I started but it was better after a while.
  • power-3s -- we worked some more on holding the entry and exit of the 3.  Mmph.
  • 5-step mohawk -- Descratching the BO edge -- JJ reminded me about the arms and it really does help.  Also I need to make the 1st and 2nd steps a little longer and the 4th and 5th steps a little shorter.

So.. warmup at 2:50 and test at 3:34, they say.  Here we go!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home