Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Bronze Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Session was a bit crowded as everyone is gearing up for the test session tomorrow and Cactus in 3ish weeks.

For my warmup I did stroking and crossovers, then ran the test.

Today's lesson:

  • logistics -- we discussed some details about tomorrow's test including what I'm wearing, what time to arrive and so forth.
  • power-3s -- main feedback on these was to hold the exit of the 3 just a bit so the judges can see I have some semblance of control.  I was able to do that, yay!  Still working on the BXOs and still not happy with them :-(.
  • 5-step mohawk -- these are still a little rough in places, especially on step 3.  My main takeaway was to not let the arms helicopter on step 3 (keep them close).
I have one more lesson tomorrow morning, then the test in the afternoon.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home