Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Ice Dance #5

Installment #5 of ice dance class at Chandler!  There was no LTS before us today so we had beautiful fresh ice :-).  We didn't have an assistant today, just Naomi and about 9 of us.

We started with the usual warmup of "pretty stroking" (mine is not that pretty) and then reviewed our chassés and crossroll/swingroll combo.  Next we went on to spend a large amount of time reviewing the Dutch Waltz.  It did eventually come back to us, for the most part :-).

From there we went back to the Canasta Tango.  Again, a lot of review including working to get our pattern a bit more correct.  Finally we finished up with a quick practice of the tuck-behinds from the Rhythm Blues and then we were done.

All in all.... it is getting better.  I am still pretty slow, but it's improving.  This morning's practice did help, too.  I just need to get more comfort/practice at skating faster but that will come, I hope.

No class for me next week as I'm traveling :-(. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home