Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Spins

My spins lesson with Lynne on the 7:45 a.m. FS at Chandler.

I warmed up with portions of stroking, crossovers and some power-3s.  Then I worked a bit on waltz jump and some spins from a standing start.

Today's lesson:

  • standing start -- ugh.  These were pretty much uniformly horrible.  I didn't get more than 2 revs on any of them.  I just could not stay over my skating side, or if I did I could not bring the free leg in.  Yuck.  Just awful.
  • windup -- just a couple of minutes on these.  Still rushing too much and none of them were particularly good.
All in all, very discouraging.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home