Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Preliminary Test & BO8

I skated the adult skate at Gilbert for a figures lesson with Lynne.  There were 10 or 11 people so a bit crowded as these things go, but we were productive.

I warmed up with edges, then scribed some circle.

Today's lesson:

  • FI8 -- I started with these just before we started the lesson.  A little rough but not too bad.  Still working on not widestepping onto the left foot.
  • FO8 -- these were a bit rough also at first, but improved.  Again, more work on getting the left foot pushes to be correct but other than that not bad.
  • waltz-8 -- these were pretty rough to start with but did improve quite a bit, to the point where the last few I actually skated with some control (yay!) and didn't look too bad I think.  Finally getting the BO and step forward to be more appropriately placed and more on the circle.  Yay!
  • BO8 -- ugh.  The first few times were pretty rough.  They did come back to me somewhat but still not nearly as nice as they were.  It's the usual culprits; I just had to be reminded to hold that skating shoulder back on the first part of the edge and not let the rotation get away from me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home