Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Preliminary Test & BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the adult skate at Gilbert.  Like last week, somewhat crowded (10 skaters) for figures.

I didn't get to warmup before my lesson, I just had time to scribe circles.

Today's lesson:

  • Edges -- pretty good.  I was really happy with the BI edges, in particular, as my pushoff was really quite good and my lobes were about the same size as for my other edges. Yay!
  • FO8 -- pretty good.  I had one uncontrolled moment but managed to get through it and it was generally ok.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.  I'm doing a better job of bringing my pushes together so they are even and matched.
  • waltz-8 -- Meh. Not as good as they have been.  Not feeling really controlled; too rushed and not taking my time on each element.  They did improve however.
  • BO8 -- about 10 minutes on these.  A little rough to start; the RBO was pretty good after a bit.  The LBO weaker for sure and having a hard time holding the circle out.  Yuck.
The Sherwood competition is one month away!  Lynne and I decided to do FO8 and BO8.  Eeep.  I would have liked to have done  serpentines but they are just too rough and I've not had enough practice time this summer so they are not improving as much as they had.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home