Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Ice Dance #7

Our final installment of the ice dance class at Chandler.

We started out by working on "pretty stroking", crossrolls, then swingrolls/crossrolls.  Then more crossrolls with the dreadful cones (eep!), followed by the lilt and the tuck-behinds.  Ugh.

From there we went through Dutch waltz, canasta tango and rhythm blues several times each both without and then with music.  I can't say they were perfect or even good but I definitely made progress.

I've really enjoyed this class and I felt it did improve my skating.  It was a lot of fun.  I wish it were offered all the time, I would definitely take it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home