Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Perseverance

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert this morning.  I was supposed to have a lesson with JJ but there was a problem and we had to cancel.

I spent most of the session working on Bronze moves, especially trying to improve my back edges on the 5-step mohawk and BXOs to BO edges.  I also spent a little time on each of the other moves.

I also spent some time on toe loop and salchow.  The good news is that I'm actually jumping at the correct time on the toe loop.  The bad news is that I'm not getting around and I'm landing on two feet. Oh well.  On the salchow, I made myself bend my knee more going into the 3 and that helped a lot.  Still jumping too late though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home